1. Personal Information We Collect
We may collect Personal Information about you directly from you, as well as from third parties. In this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
A. Personal Information You Provide
- Contact information. When you sign up to receive updates about our products and services you provide us with contact information, such as your email address.
- Communications. When you contact us or if you post on the Services, we may receive your contact information and the time, date, and content of your message and any attachments.
Where required by applicable law, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so.
B. Information We Collect Automatically
C. Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties
If you post on The Amgen social media pages or post about the the AMGEN on other publicly available services, we may receive social media information about you, such as your profile information and the time, date, and content of your posts.
2. How We Use Personal Information
A. How We Use Personal information
We use Personal Information we collect through the Services as necessary for the following purposes:
- Providing the Services. We use Personal Information to operate, maintain, and provide features of the Services.
- Communicating with you. We use Personal Information to contact you for administrative and informational purposes, such as to respond to your inquiries, or to inform you about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, or invitations to join the Services.
- Marketing. We use Personal Information to send marketing communications, including promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with, such as app developers. We also use Personal Information to contact you to answer feedback and surveys, and to improve our marketing and promotional efforts. Generally, you have the ability to opt out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under Your Rights and Choices. Where required under applicable law, we will only send you promotional emails with your opt-in consent.
- Understanding and improving the Services. We use Personal Information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users in order to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionalities.
- Other business purposes. We use Personal Information for compliance, risk management, and other business purposes, such as audits, security, compliance with applicable laws and regulations, fraud monitoring, and prevention.
Our Services do not currently use any Cookies to collect Personal Information.
3. How We Share Your Personal Information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your Personal Information collected on the Services to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- We may use and disclose aggregated or otherwise de-identified information for any purpose, unless we are prohibited from doing so under applicable law.
4. Third Party Services
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data. It is important that you maintain the security and control of your credentials, and not share your passwords or private keys with anyone.
6. Your Rights and Choices
You have several rights and choices with regard to our use of your Personal Information. You may, of course, decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Services. If you wish to access, amend, or delete any other Personal Information we hold about you, you may contact us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so, as permitted under applicable data protection law.
From time to time, we send marketing email messages to our users. If you no longer want to receive such emails from us on a going forward basis, you may opt-out via the “unsubscribe” link provided in each such email or by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Policy.
A. Your Cookie Choices
Our Services do not currently use any Cookies or tracking signals to collect Personal Information.
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it, unless we are required or permitted by law to keep this information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we take into account various criteria, such as the type of Services provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the relevant statute of limitations.